Dinner Conversations





These are my FAVORITE part of parenting mixed-age kids. 

Tonight I said “a platypus is…” and before I could I finish the sentence, Waffle Fry pipes in with, “a beaver-duck?”

Not gonna lie. I FULLY lost it. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

“Let me finish my sentence! It’s a monotreme.” 

Spicy wanted to know what a monotreme was and I said it was non-placental mammal. Daddy thought all mammals birthed live young, which is NOT true because…monotremes…so I explained the three kinds of mammals.

Then Spicy asked me to look up zebra-giraffes which don’t sound like a real animal but they ARE. 

Here’s an okapi just for you, courtesy of animal spot  



https://images.app.goo.gl/yyCqh4sueQR7fKKN7

And the question I’m sure you’re dying to ask is “why are you discussing platypuses at dinner?” And darling reader, I have NO earthly clue.  This is just what happens. It’s the best. 

And just in case you think nothing bad ever happens over here, I *also* lost it over this, and not in the laughing way. More in the “it’s a good thing you were camping when I found this so I had to time to cool off” way. Especially because I found it after donating plasma so I could pay for a child activity. NOT AMUSED. (Spicy would like to interject that this is NOT her handy work.) 

It’s hard to believe because this IS her work. So. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That time Big Daddy almost died (it was today. Today that time.)

A Photo Essay

Best Place